Friday, September 5, 2008

The point

Life ... sometimes I really wonder what THE POINT of life is all about. I believe wholeheartedly deep down that the Lord Jesus Christ is real that my father God is faithful and full of truth. HOWERVER sometimes I wonder about him. One of my major questions lately has been if we already know that God wins the battle... or even yet that Jesus won that battle on the cross and when he finally comes back that the devil will be thrown into the pit of fire why is that we go through this masquerade called life? I believe this question radiates louder with me since I have left home (Purdue) and have so somberly entered the "real world"... I am surrounded by people who are only here on this earth to make money, drink alcohol and have sex. Why does the Lord want to watch this?

I was so content and happy in Lafayette and this may seem self-centered but I honestly believe the Lord could have used me in great ways there. Yeah yeah he can use me anywhere but Dear Lord please give me a glimpse of why I am here so it would be easier to go through this dark cloud. Being at work and making money is inevitable I suppose but it seems so meaningless. Walking around with the supervisors at work I have heard one too many times about how they work as many Saturdays as they can, how they work seven days a week, how most days they get there at 3:30 or 4 even when they don't have to...just because. FOR REAL?!!?! Lord please keep me from this earthly dwelling!!! If any one sees me getting there walk into that plant find me and pull me out by the ear.

1 comment:

hmmmm...... said...

just reading and i think god put people where they belong for a reason even though you dont see it no matter how much we badly we belive that we should be somewhere else you are affecting someone in a very positive way just being who you are,church, school ect.. you may not know it, maybe someone from your job. stumbling on your blog caint tell you how much it means to me that someone wants to do more than just make money
i wish you the best of luck on your journey to find "the point"